Protect us with a safe well deserved airstrip.
- If possible, position the strip into prevailing wind and towards treatment area or highest site available.
- Airstrip should be within 3 kilometres of the treatment area to avoid a surcharge.
- Airstrip should be accessible from the road for transport to deliver the product to be used. ( where possible, avoid using the strip area for vehicle access).
- A large grader should be used to smooth the strip as usually tractor implements are unable to make such a surface economically.
- Airstrip should be made or re surfaced in autumn to allow establishment of selected grasses and settling.
- To test the airstrip surface, drive a car at 80 kph - there should be no pitching and the surface should feel as smooth as driving down the freeway.
- Cut grass to less than 10 cm on airstrip prior to use (Long grass creates a fire hazard and reduces acceleration for take-off).
- Consult us for inspection of selected sites before proceeding with airstrip construction.
- Regulations do not permit the carriage of Passengers.
And the most important one of all, the airstrip should be at least 800mts long with no obstacles (i.e. Trees, Power lines or Houses) at the end of the strip.